Courgette Soup With Potato and Cheddar Recipe
Courgette Soup Ingredients
- 500g potatoes, unpeeled and roughly chopped ready for the pot
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1kg courgettes, roughly chopped ready for the pot
- A good bunch of spring onions, sliced, save one for serving, if eating straight away
- 100g extra mature cheddar or a cheesy vegetarian alternative, grated, plus a little extra to serve depending on your taste
- Good grating of fresh nutmeg, plus extra to serve depending on your taste
Thanks to the good food magazine for this tasty soup recipe, you can see the full scoop here. Now to start this one you put the potatoes in a large frying pan with just sufficient water to cover them and also drop in the stock cubes. Slowly bring to the boil, then cover, this should take around 5 minutes.
Now for the main event, Include your tasty (seasoned) courgettes, then put the cover back on and also prepare for around 5 mins more. Throw in the spring onions, cover and cook for a final 5 minutes.
Take off the boil, then stir in the cheese and sprinkle moderately with the nutmeg, don’t forget to use salt as well as pepper. Blitz up this number into a thick hearty soup, including even more hot water until you get the uniformity you prefer.
Serve to your guests scattered with extra grated cheddar, spring onions and also nutmeg or pepper. Any left overs can also be frozen in a suitable freezer bag or container with good lids for approximately 3 months. Enjoy!